Our country's aviation employers offer some of the best careers out there. But they can't find enough skilled workers. An impending shortage of skilled workers threatens the future competitiveness of the U.S. aviation and aerospace industry.
Almost 40% of employees in aviation and aerospace businesses are currently eligible for retirement. The Commission on the Future of the U.S. Aerospace Industry has recommended that the nation immediately reverse the decline in and promote the growth of a trained workforce to avoid a threat to national security and U.S. capability as a world leader.
Change your life and achieve your dreams. Work yourself up into amazing opportunities that exist right now. Make Aviation Manufacturing your first step up to a great career and future. Earn industry-recognized credentials, the standard for highly coveted, good-paying careers in the field of aviation and aerospace. Employers have directly shaped the curriculum to address their needs, which gives you a tremendous advantage.
Students will be learning hands-on skills validated by industry at the local and national levels. This blended model is a hybrid of online and instructor-led courseware. Interactive education can increase learning capacity by up to 50%. The hands-on labs will ensure that you have mastered the technical skills. You will finish the program armed with the skills and qualifications required for a real-world career.
The Benefits of the Aviation Manufacturing Program:
- Industry partners offer part-time work while attending classes
- Upon completion you may be hired at your part-time host company or pursue positions with other manufacturing companies
- Students earn certificates in one of the most high demand occupations in the country and are ready to begin lucrative careers in just 12-16 weeks
- The curriculum for this program is cutting-edge with additional industry recognized credentials embedded
- Entry level salaries for graduates may range from $25,000-$40,000 per year
- Earn up to 24 college credits that can be used towards and associate degree
- Earn industry certificates including:
- Assembly Mechanic Technician Certificate
- Certified Production Technician
- National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) - Measurement, Materials and Safety Job Planning, Bench work, and Layout Certification
- NIMS Manual Turning with Chucking Certification
- NIMS Level I CNC Operations certification test preparation
- Dedicated career placement assistance while you are completing this program
Who Should Participate?
The Aviation Manufacturing program is designed for students interested in great careers in a global marketplace with world-class companies. There is a huge shortage of skilled employees in industry today, and this program is for students looking to better their lives by gaining new hands-on skills and a high-demand career with lucrative pay. Completing this program will provide you with the skills needed to be successful in the modern manufacturing environment for years to come.
Assembly Mechanic (24 credit hours = 2 semesters)
The general Assembly Mechanic Certificate is industry focused and designed for workforce preparation. Courses in this certificate program also apply toward technical certificates and associate degree programs.
Courses you will take Print official copy
NOTE: The number of credits required for a degree or certificate is based on students who are program-ready and does not include College Prep courses. Availability of degrees and certificates varies by campus.
The Aviation Manufacturing program is offered at the following campuses:
Central Indiana (Indianapolis)
Northeast (Fort Wayne)
More information coming soon.