Lunch and Learn
Ivy Tech Corporate College is proud to host a monthly lunch and learn activity. The targeted series will address issues that affect employers today. Sessions are held the fourth Tuesday of the month. Lunch is provided.
“Personal Strategies for Protecting Your Job and Moving Ahead”
by Norm Crampton
Topics for discussion:
1. Quick look: On a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (high), how do you rate your job security today? Why?
2. How is technology affecting your work? Do you see systems coming along that could replace you at work?
3. How do other employees see you? Team player? Leader?
4. What's the best use of social media to improve your employment prospects?
5. What’s the one thing you can begin doing today to set yourself apart and improve your value to your employer?
Norm Crampton is a research-writer with bylines as a reporter at the Chicago Sun-Times and The Wall Street Journal. He’s the author of six practical reference books including Complete Trash: The Best Way to Get Rid of Practically Everything Around the House, and, in 2012, Boomer Men Working: Strategies for Staying Employed. “I write about things I’m experiencing, and I like to share strategies with others who are experiencing the same things,” he says.
A Chicagoan by birth and upbringing, he’s now a Bloomington resident, a member of the City of Bloomington Environmental Commission and a CASA volunteer.
||Mar. 25, 2014
||Job Security in a Competitive Work Environment
||Apr. 22, 2014
||May 27, 2014
11:30am – 1:00pm
Ivy Tech Community College-Ferguson Campus
200 Daniels Way
$15 (includes lunch)