Construction Technology Program Competencies
- Read and interpret construction documents, drawing and specification, and codes in order to successfully function and complete work on construction projects.
- Estimate and plan the administration of construction projects including directing, consulting and advising the purchasers, workers and other construction professionals toward project completion.
- Use construction trade skills and tools in the layout, installation and assembly of a wide range of construction materials, utilizing best work practices while following established safety methods and codes.
- Teamwork – Function effectively as a member of a technical team.
- Identify and Solve Problems – Identify, analyze, and solve narrowly defined technical problems.
- Communication – Apply written, oral and graphical communication skill in both technical and non-technical environments; identify and use appropriate tech literature.
- Lifelong learning – Understand the need for , and engagement in, self-directed continuing professional development
- Professional/Ethical/Diversity – Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities, including a respect for diversity.
- Quality, Continuous Improvement – Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.