Documentation of a disability assists the Office of Disability Support Services, in collaboration with the student, to determine reasonable accommodations and/or services on a case-by-case basis. The cost of obtaining all documentation is the responsibility of the student.
Documentation, along with the Intake Request Form, should be submitted to DSS at least 30 days in advance of the requested accommodation to allow review and implementation of reasonable accommodations.
In general, documentation should include the following:
- Credentials of the evaluator(s)
- A diagnostic statement identifying the disability
- As appropriate to the disability, a description of the diagnostic methodology used
- A description of the current functional limitations
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the disability
- A description of current and past accommodations, services, and/or medications
- Recommendations for accommodations
Guidelines for specific disabilities may be obtained below. Should you have any questions, contact you local campus' Office of Disability Support Services.