Ann M. Valentine, PhD, MPA
Chancellor, Wabash Valley
Welcome to Ivy Tech Community College – Wabash Valley, the first chartered region in Indiana’s statewide community college system. The Wabash Valley Region has had a leadership role in distance education, in forming a community partnership to improve health care called the Rural Health Innovation Collaborative (RHIC) and in providing veteran support initiatives on our campus. These are just a few of our successes, which would not have been possible without the valuable support of our stakeholders and partners.
Why Choose the Wabash Valley?
• Ivy Tech – Wabash Valley offers 30 programs, which include nursing, imaging sciences, paramedic science, business administration, criminal justice, agriculture, advanced manufacturing and automotive technology. Many disciplines are available so you can find a program that is just right for you.
• Our dual credit courses save families thousands of dollars a year by giving junior and senior high school students an opportunity to jump-start their college careers. Transfer agreements also offer students the option to continue their education at any one of a number of Indiana’s four-year colleges or universities.
• The region’s workforce training and certification programs include an internationally known Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspection course that has been offered for more than 20 years and continues to attract clients from more than a dozen countries.
• Our regional resources include a new Advanced Manufacturing Center for technology students and a climate-controlled greenhouse for our agriculture students at the Center for Workforce Development in Terre Haute. We’ve also added a modern campus site in Greencastle. All of these facilities allow us to support the programs and services that help change lives and make Indiana great.
• The Wabash Valley campus serves the seven counties of Clay, Greene, Putnam, Parke, Sullivan, Vermillion and Vigo. Besides our main campus in Terre Haute, we have instructional sites in Brazil, Greencastle, Rockville, Sullivan, Switz City and two other locations in Terre Haute—all for the purpose of providing educational opportunities close to home.
We hope you will come visit us personally. Our comprehensive, flexible offerings will suit your lifestyle and your budget. Our Academic Advising Center staff will get you started on the right path by providing advising and other helpful tools right away. Come to Ivy Tech where the atmosphere is about home, family and community and the education and training you receive will make you competitive in the workplace and successful in life.
Dr. Ann Valentine