Welcome to Ivy Tech - Bloomington Student Life! If you are looking for a connection outside the classroom, resume builders, social opportunities, civic engagement experiences, leadership development, or simply a good time, you have come to the right place!
Student Life offers involvement opportunities in the following areas:
- Student Governance
- Student Leadership Development
- Student Activities & Event Programming
- Service Engagement
- Recreation and Wellness
- Student Clubs and Organizations
View some of our upcoming events below and if you are a current Ivy Tech student, be sure to check out IvyLife for updates from all of our student organizations!
Visit IvyLife https://orgsync.com/home/36 for the most up to date information about Student Life events. Sign on using your Campus Connect username and password.
Student Life on Social Media
Follow Ivy Tech Bloomington Student Life on Twitter and Pinterest! Be kept in the know about upcoming events, interesting facts, and helpful tips and tricks to being a successful college student.
• Twitter -- @IvyStudentLife
• Pinterest -- Ivy Tech Bloomington Student Life
Winter Welcome Week
• Grow Your IvyLife, Monday, January 12 and Tuesday, January 13 from 8am-10am in the Ferguson Academic Building Main Entrance. Join Student Life for breakfast to kick off the semester and find out about upcoming events. Students will also have the opportunity to develop goals for the semester and sign in to all of the great information about campus events on IvyLife. Breakfast will include yogurt, granola, apples, coffee, and orange juice. A small breakfast will be served at the Liberty locations and the Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center.
• Student Village Meeting, Wednesday, January 14 from 12pm-1pm in C126 in the Ferguson Academic Building. Join administrations for an informal pizza lunch to get introduced to your Bloomington campus leaders and share your opinions about Ivy Tech! Pizza will be provided and students who participate will receive a giveaway!
• Get Your Semester Rolling, Friday, January 16 from 6pm-8:30pm at Western Skateland (930 W 17th Street in Bloomington). Roll your way into a great semester by joining Student Life and the Campus Activities Board for free, open roller skating at Western Skateland. Students are allowed to bring guests and children but must present a valid student ID (pick up a student ID in Student Life). Food is not provided but will be available for purchase.
• Zumba Fitness Classes
Zumba is a Latin dance inspired workout that is guaranteed to get you moving and shaking! Taught by Ivy Tech’s very own Kristy LeVert (certified Zumba instructor), our classes are free to Ivy Tech students, faculty, and staff. This semester’s sessions are held on Wednesdays from 6:15pm-7:15pm in Lamkin Hall starting January 14 and running through April 22 (with the exception of April 1).
• Know Your Campus, Grow Your IvyLife: Student Resource Fair
If you are looking for involvement opportunities, local businesses who work with Ivy Tech students, wellness and recreational events, Ivy Tech resources, and more then stop by the Student Resource Fair on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Hoosier Times Student Commons.
• Free Movie Night
Join Campus Activities Board for the first movie night of the semester! We will be showing Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1: "When Katniss destroys the games, she goes to District 13 after District 12 is destroyed. She meets President Coin who convinces her to be the symbol of rebellion, while trying to save Peeta from the Capitol." Rated PG-13. Movie will begin at 6pm. $1 Snack packs will be available for purchase.