If you plan to seek any type of financial assistance for the Summer 2013 semester, here is some helpful information regarding financial aid:
- FAFSA: Information from your 2012-13 FAFSA will be used to determine eligibility for the summer semester If a student has not used their annual limits in the preceding fall and spring semesters, the remaining amounts will be available to use for the summer semester (based on general eligibility requirements). For example, if you received Pell at full time in Fall and Spring, you will not have Pell available for Summer. You may want to consider reserving any Spring refund to pay for Summer tuition, fees and books if you have exhausted your annual Pell eligibility. If you have already filed the 2012-2013 FAFSA, you do not need to re-file. NOTE: Students that are nearing the 600% Pell Lifetime Eligibility Limit may have reduced eligibility for Pell funding. Student that have met or exceeded the limit will not receive Pell.
- Registration: Registration for Summer 2013 classes begins on February 15, 2013. After you register, your campus Financial Aid Office will determine the amount of financial aid in which you are eligible. Updates will be posted in Campus Connect in the My Ivy Tech Financial Aid area.
Credit hour requirements: Credit hour requirements for summer semesters are the same as fall and spring semesters. Students must be enrolled at least half-time in order to obtain a loan.
- 12 and greater = full-time
- 9-11 = three-quarters time
- 6-8 hours = half-time
- 1-5 credit hours = less than half-time
- Loan application: If you are interested in receiving a loan, you must complete the Federal Direct Loan Request form and submit to your campus Financial Aid Office. This form is only required for a loan and is not required for any other type of financial aid. Loan applications can take up to 30 days to process and will not increase your bookstore credit limit until all requirements are complete.
- Priority date: In order to ensure your awards are processed by the start of Summer 2013 classes, students must apply AND return all requested forms, verification paperwork and/or loan applications to the Ivy Tech Financial Aid Office by the May 1st priority date. It is recommended that students begin the financial aid application process at least 3-4 weeks before the priority date.
If you have any questions about financial aid, visit www.ivytech.edu/help or call us at 888-IVY-LINE.