Hours of Operation
Mondays 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesdays 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Wednesdays CLOSED (open only for Compass/Accuplacer assessments )
Thursdays 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Fridays 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Saturdays 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
The Center will be open the Wednesday of midterms, finals week and the week before the semester begins.
Workforce Certification Center Coordinator
Workforce Certification Center Proctor
To Send Exams:
Compass assessments may be scheduled by calling 812-429-9852.
Students must have a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID card, or an Ivy Tech Student ID card. A completed application must be on file with Admissions.
• Must show Ivy Tech ID to pick up exams or gain information about student testing.
• The WCC will not test an entire class as a make-up unless approved in writing by the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. Otherwise, it is just for those few who cannot attend class due to a valid absence, have official accommodations, or are enrolled in a Distance Education or Hybrid course.
• Must complete a proctoring form in order for the test to be administered.
• Up to three names can be listed on one form. Please attach a list of names on a separate sheet of paper if more than three students will be testing.
• Test extensions must be made in writing by the instructor. Emailed extensions from an ITCC account are acceptable.
• The WCC staff is not permitted to make changes to the proctoring form. If a change is required, the instructor must come to the center to make the changes or send an email from his/her ITCC account.
• Tests may be put in the WCC mail slot in the mailroom, hand-delivered to the WCC, or emailed to email@example.com.
• The WCC will not accept tests and/or extensions given to a student to deliver to the center.
• Please be aware of the increase in testing volume during midterms and finals week. We ask that make-up tests be kept to a minimum during those times.
• All students must present a valid, government-issued photo ID or Ivy Tech student ID card to test.
• It is preferred that all students make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance when possible. Walk-ins will be accepted as space and staffing permits.
• Appointments will not be made for students if the proctor form has not been received by the WCC.
• Must provide course number and instructor’s name when scheduling an exam.
• Are not permitted to return tests to instructors.
• Must lock up all personal belongings. If students have large rolling book bags, it is requested that these not be brought into the center as the lockers will not accommodate them.
• May not leave and return later to finish an exam after starting it.
• May not access their locker after beginning an exam.
• Will not be given accommodations if DSS has not provided the necessary documentation.
• Due to the quiet testing environment the WCC strives to maintain, we ask that no children wait in the lobby.
• If a student is suspected of cheating, the proctor will ask another staff member to serve as a second witness.
• The proctor will then stop the test immediately and collect all materials.
• The proctor will inform the student that he/she was not following the guidelines set by the instructor.
• The proctor will report the incident to the instructor and the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs.