Since fall 2013, Ivy Tech’s Early Childhood Learning Center, in the Student Life Center on North Campus, 3701 Dean Drive, has been open, offering students and faculty members a convenient, affordable preschool option between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
- Class sizes are limited to 12 students.
- Optional extended hours are available from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The preschool will be staffed by Early Childhood Education students and faculty who are trained to develop lessons specifically for your child and his or her interests and needs.
- Enroll your child either two or four days a week.
- Preschool tuition is $175 a month for the four-day enrollment, or $105 a month for the two-day enrollment. Extended hours run an additional $35 a month. This breaks down to an average of $4.38 per hour for the 3-hour, four-day option
If your child is between the ages of 3 and 5, Ivy Tech Early Childhood Learning Center might be for you.
Needing a full-day child care?
The Learning Community
The Learning Community (TLC) Child Care Center is nearby campus and offers child care for students, faculty and staff that includes:
- Full-time and part-time care available at a daily or weekly rate
- Experienced and degreed teachers
- Early Childhood Education and Extended Care programs for ages 6 weeks through 12 years old
The Learning Community is located at 2041 Reed Road, close to the intersection of State and Reed roads. Questions regarding The Learning Community's services and rates should be directed to Brad Hand, administrator of The Learning Community, at 260-424-8852. For more information, visit TLC's Web site.
The Early Childhood Alliance (ECA) assists individuals in identifying child care centers within a geographical region and also provides resources like the Paths of Quality rating system and questions to ask when interviewing child care providers.