Congratulations, Morgan Williams, 2015 New Venture Competition champion
Morgan Williams, second from left, is the College's 2015 New Venture champion. He is pictured with, from left, James Tolbert, business administration assistant professor; Steve Piekarski, with ProFed Federal Credit Union; and Jerrilee K. Mosier, Ivy Tech Northeast chancellor. Photo by Zeke Bryant
Made possible thanks to a grant from the
Edward M. and Mary McCrea Wilson Foundation
Awards dinner sponsor
In collaboration with
Fort Wayne SCORE
2015 New Venture Competition
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit it takes to turn your dream into reality?
Ivy Tech Community College Northeast's New Venture Competition is a business plan competition that offers students and alumni the chance to win at least $35,000 to launch a new business.
How it Works
- Over the course of eight (8) weeks, students will create a business plan.
- At the end of the semester, the three best business plans will be chosen by a committee of individuals to move on for final presentations.
- Community mentors will help the remaining contestants refine their business plans.
- The three finalists will present their business plans to a panel of college and community judges.
- One champion will be chosen to win at least $35,000 to launch their dream business.
- Be sure to review the complete New Venture Competition contest details.
Who is Eligible
The New Venture Competition is open to Ivy Tech Northeast students and alumni who are interested in starting their own business. If you have the passion, we can give you the tools to help you succeed.
Requirements for eligibility:
- Must have completed 15 credit hours at Ivy Tech Northeast prior to June 1.
- Former students within the last five years (who have achieved alumni status) are eligible.
- Enroll in a two-credit hour internship (BUSN280)
How to Enter
Sign up for BUSN280, section C2C "New Venture Competition Internship," via Campus Connect (CRN: 14654)
Who to Contact if You Have Questions
Jim Tolbert, School of Business Faculty at Jtolbert12@ivytech.edu or 260-480-4249